For too long, cruelty-free diners have had to accept the annoyance of bland salads prepared by chefs who write off vegan meals as not worth the same level of care as other entrees. No more! When choosing where to spend your next evening on the town, select from our fully inclusive meals and spectacular service! With meals like scrumptious romaine hearts salad at Beyond Sushi in NYC, you’ll never sit through another boring night out again.
If there’s one thing we know in the Beyond Sushi kitchen, it’s how to assemble a gorgeous array of stellar vegan options, all prepared for the health of your body, your city, and the planet at large! By investing in fresh, locally-grown produce and elevating even the simplest meals to something unforgettably elegant, we take pride in offering meal options that every diner can love. Now, with help from simple recipes, our chefs bring that same level of care to your home cooking experience!
On those busy nights when you feel pulled in a dozen directions, don’t stress yourself out with cooking. Instead, treat yourself to a night in, catered by Beyond Sushi. Read through our menu options for inspiration and take advantage of our easy online ordering system.
Romaine Hearts Salad Recipe
At Beyond Sushi, we take Asian inspired dishes and present them as they’ve never been seen before: completely vegan and entirely original. Every item on our expansive menu is designed with maximum flavor in mind, drawing on our chef’s worldwide experience to create the most memorable meal options possible!
Our chefs present a fresh new take on a classic Korean salad in this easy, at-home recipe.
With the perfect blend of light dressing and warm, savory toppings, this salad will leave dinner guests begging for more. With plenty of room for experimentation, use this recipe as a jumping-off point for your own creativity. Serve as-is to enjoy it as a refreshing appetizer. Top with steaming tofu for a more filling option, and turn this into a full, healthy dinner.
No matter how you enjoy this dish, one thing is for certain: you’ll find yourself cooking this dish again!
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced portobello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of chopped cashews
- 5 romaine lettuce hearts
- 6 radishes
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Begin by preparing your veggies to cook. Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves, and bring a sautee pan to medium heat. Drizzle the pan with vegetable oil, and then toast the diced portobello mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms have released their excess water, and then add the tomatoes to the pan.
- Continue to cook the veggies together until the flavors have melded and the vegetables have cooked through. Just before removing from the heat, toss the vegetables with soy sauce. Set them aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, white wine vinegar, minced shallots, honey, dijon mustard, and salt. Using a fork, whip the ingredients together to form a light dressing.
- Place your romaine hearts across a plate and drizzle them with the dressing. Add additional pepper as desired.
- Finally, top your romaine hearts with the final garnish and veggies. Dice the radish into thin slices. Sprinkle the radish slices and chopped cashews over the salad. Just before serving, top the salad with the still-warm vegetable topping. Enjoy this salad immediately after preparing it to enjoy the contrast between cool, crisp lettuce and steaming veggies!
Fresh Vegan Dining at Beyond Sushi
Need inspiration for styling fresh vegan Asian cuisine? Look no further than the world-inspired menu at Beyond Sushi!
Originally made famous on ABC’s Shark Tank, Beyond Sushi has worked to create a creative, cruelty-free menu from the mind of Chef Guy Vaknin. Each item on this menu– from vegan takes on traditional foods to completely original creations– was designed with healthy living in mind.
Step into any of our renowned locations across the city to enjoy Asian cuisine prepared as you’ve never seen before. Don’t feel up to a night on the town? No problem! Order your meal for pickup or delivery, and allow us to pack your meal to-go.