Fresh, healthy, and beloved around the world: salmon tartare has developed quite a reputation among seafood enthusiasts! Unfortunately, all that delicious flavor tends to come hand-in-hand with enough animal cruelty and often, unfair, farming practices to outweigh all the benefits. Thankfully, Beyond Sushi is ready with a delicious, compassionately prepared compromise. Enjoy the very best vegan seafood around, the salmon tartare from Beyond Sushi in NYC!
If Beyond Sushi has perfected anything, it’s the art of creating mouthwatering, beautifully displayed seafood substitutes. Hungry for vegan takes on authentic classics? Craving something altogether new? Explore our fully vegan, inclusive menu, and know that you’re in good hands with the experts at Beyond Sushi. Now, through easy at-home recipes that even a beginner can master, Beyond Sushi is empowering even more people all over the globe to experiment with the mouthwatering possibilities of a vegan lifestyle.
When it comes to sushi, no one can do it better than Beyond Sushi. Every bite on our menu is entirely vegan, ensuring that every guest can happily dine without fear. To sample the flavors for yourself, place an order for pickup or delivery today.
Beyond Sushi’s Salmon Tartare
At Beyond Sushi, every dish starts with a base of locally sourced, fresh ingredients. From here, our brilliant chefs pull out all the stops, putting every ounce of their hard-won training to work. Though each dish may start locally, the full impact reaches for flavors from around the world, guaranteeing that every bite is built of a symphony of intricate notes.
Our spicy “salmon” tartare stands as the perfect example.
Made using a careful balance of avocado, sesame, ginger, and scallions, this is one of the freshest meals on our full menu. The toasted cayenne sauce brings an interesting heat to this dish, one perfectly in keeping with the blend of umami and earthy undertones. Taro root chips make the perfect side, allowing you to dip, taste, and enjoy this dish alongside your closest friends and family.
Whether you’re hoping for a tasty snack, a light lunch, or the perfect appetizer to set the tone for your full meal, you’ll find what you need in this vegan salmon tartare.
Vegan Salmon Tartare Recipe
Once again, Beyond Sushi is ready to prove their devotion not just to the bottom line, but to your cruelty-free diet as a whole. With another easy, at-home recipe, they hope to prove that a vegan lifestyle is more than one of sacrifice; it’s one of indulgence, to be fully enjoyed by those creative enough to grab hold of all it has to offer.
Though our restaurant-quality salmon tartare is not a recipe for the faint of heart, this simpler alternative will easily fit into any meal prep plan. Simply buy your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get to cooking!
- 1/4 a small, seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 a small red onion
- Drizzle of olive oil
- To start, cut the watermelon into long, rectangular cubes. Place these in a glass baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil, coating them fully.
- Place these watermelon slices into an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the watermelon slices for thirty minutes, flipping halfway through.
- As the watermelon cooks, prepare your marinade. Mix together the rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, tamari, coconut sugar, and red chili flakes.
- After removing the watermelon slices from the oven, allow them to cool for around ten minutes. Then, cover the watermelon slices in their glass container with the marinade. Cover the dish tightly with tin foil, and allow the watermelon to soak at room temperature for around twenty minutes. Then, place the container in the refrigerator to allow this treat to completely infuse with flavor overnight.
- The next day, remove the watermelon from the marinade and slice it into smaller, bite-sized cubes. Similarly, slice the avocado into small cubes.
- Cut the red onion into thin slices, using only as many as fits your personal preference.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the watermelon, avocado, and onion. To flavor, drizzle with the marinade, working one spoonful at a time until your dish has reached the desired intensity.
- Enjoy this tartare atop a salad, by itself, or scooped up with your favorite dip!
Easy Guides and Delicious Meals from Beyond Sushi
Since its founding, Beyond Sushi has made a name for itself through its tireless dedication to creating the most mouthwatering vegan alternatives to traditional sushi. Now, we carry that mission even further, with our easily recreated guides to delicious homecooked meals.
Ready to learn more? Explore our full menu to see all we have to offer, from our charred avocado maki rolls to the scrumptious nori tacos. Once you’ve gathered an appetite, either pop down to any of our conveniently located spots across the city or place your order for delivery/pickup. We are waiting and ready to serve!