Extravagant Truffle Dumplings at Beyond Sushi in NYC
When it comes to Asian-inspired comfort foods, there’s likely nothing more filling or more wholesome than a delicious serving of classic dumplings. With fresh ingredients and amazing flavor in every steaming, sharable bite, dumplings make the ideal snack, meal, or crowd-pleasing appetizer. Of every dumpling in the city, there’s none more memorable than the extravagant truffle dumplings at Beyond Sushi in NYC.
Since its founding, the brilliant minds at Beyond Sushi have worked endlessly to bring fresh, innovative meals to diners all over the NYC area. First and foremost, our professionally trained chefs strive to help patrons see the creativity and flavor that can truly lie within the realm of a cruelty-free, Earth-conscious diet.
Whether you’re dining in, carrying out, or creating your own delicious vegan meals at home, allow Beyond Sushi to pave your way to an unforgettable meal! To sample professional vegan cooking for yourself, check out our full menu or place an order for pickup or delivery today.
Beyond Sushi’s Shiitake Truffle Dumplings
Beyond a doubt, one of the most extravagant, indulgent items on the inclusive Beyond Sushi menu is the crowd-favorite shiitake truffle dumplings.
These savory dumplings start with a base of braised shiitake mushroom and baked tofu, both of which combine to form the ideal, wholesome filling. A hearty amount of spinach, micro arugula, and porcini mushrooms ensure that this dish– while still light enough not to weigh down your afternoon– is packed with the long-lasting, energy-rich protein you need to power through your day.
Dark soy and chili panko create the rich flavor profile that forms the stable back of this complex dish: a salty, spicy masterpiece. Finally, the namesake of this dish– the elegance of the shiitake truffle and spicy bean sauce– ties the flavors together and cements it as one of the most beautiful meals on the Beyond Sushi menu.
In the truest sense of the word, this dish has it all: fresh ingredients, a rich nutritional base, and the kind of complex creativity that has helped make Beyond Sushi one of the crowning vegan establishments in the great city of New York!
Shiitake Truffle Dumplings Recipe for Home
It’s no secret that the word “truffle” has so commonly been associated with luxury. As such, it should be handled with a delicate hand; just a hint too much can easily overwhelm all other flavors, creating an overpowering dish. However, when used carefully, a hint of truffle oil can turn an otherwise simple treat into one that is guaranteed to become a fast dinner-party favorite!
Enjoy this shiitake truffle dumpling recipe, a simplified version of the Beyond Sushi favorite that will have every guest at your table begging for more.
- 14 dumpling wrappers
- 4 cups of diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of finely diced cabbage leaves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Start by dicing all the mushrooms, a variety of them can really make a meal shine. But some opt for one type. We suggest an assortment of portabella, shiitake, and oyster mushrooms.
- Heat a pan without oil to medium-high heat, and then add the diced mushrooms. Allow them to cook until they lose most of their liquid, which takes roughly four minutes. Crush and finely dice the garlic cloves, then add them to the pan. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the diced cabbage leaves to the mixture, along with the powdered ginger and pepper. Cook until slightly softened.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and truffle oil to the mix, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Sample the mushroom dumpling stuffing; if necessary, adjust any flavors. If satisfied with the overall flavor and texture, remove the stuffing from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Once the stuffing has cooled enough to safely handle, begin stuffing your dumpling wrappers. To start, use a small amount per wrapper to test how much your wrappers can hold before falling apart.
- From here, cook the dumplings however you choose! You may steam your dumplings over a bed of fresh napa cabbage for an authentic, Chinese-style dumpling. If you prefer a slightly crunchy finish, heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat, and sear the dumplings to a pan-fried finish.
Delicious Dumplings at Beyond Sushi
For inspirational flavors to incorporate into your vegan dumplings, look no further than the full menu at Beyond Sushi. Our chefs have made it their life’s work to bring bold, innovative new flavors to play in every cruelty-free bite of our inclusive menu.