If you’ve ever stepped foot in a sushi restaurant, you’re likely already familiar with the typical miso soup: that small, light cup of brothy soup often served to set the tone for the meal to come. Warm, comforting, and ever-so-slightly salty, this simple treat is the ideal way to embark on your dining adventure. However, for those following a cruelty-free lifestyle, this broth may have more danger than meets the eye. Enjoy anxiety-free dining with miso vegan soup, courtesy of the experts at Beyond Sushi! See our Miso Vegan Soup Recipe!
As part of the leading vegan restaurant family in New York City, Beyond Sushi takes pride in providing delicious, wholesome meal options, all completely vegan! Whether you’re a newbie to vegan living, an experienced veteran, or simply someone looking for a fantastic meal, you’ll be floored by the creative options available at Beyond Sushi.
To learn more about all Beyond Sushi brings to the table, check out our menu options. Ready to sample the flavors for yourself? Take advantage of our easy online ordering system, and have your meal delivered or ready for pickup.
Miso Vegan Soup at Beyond Sushi
In everything they do, the chefs at Beyond Sushi take an extra element of creativity and passion; this vegan miso soup is no different. Rather than providing a simple cup of broth, our chefs take this soup to the next level, creating something wholesome, filling, and altogether new while maintaining that classic miso flavor.
Though our soup begins with that classically salty miso paste, the flavor doesn’t end there. A drizzle of sesame oil adds an extra burst of savory umami; a sprinkle of fresh green onions brings a peppery bite you won’t soon forget.
Filled with fresh root vegetable consommé and prepared tofu, this soup won’t leave you feeling hungry ten minutes later. Finally, a serving of wakame adds a final burst of nutrients and texture, creating a crunchy finish that will cement this miso soup as one of your new favorites.
Best of all, this delicious soup is created entirely vegan! Enjoy every bite safe in the knowledge that you won’t accidentally compromise your cruelty-free lifestyle.
Miso Vegan Soup Recipe
Searching for a quick, simple snack or side to your next culturally inspired meal? Try out this miso vegan soup recipe! Requiring minimal preparation and only one pot, this recipe is as easy as it is tasty.
- 4 cups of water
2/3 cups of wakame
1/2 cup of tofu
4 tablespoons of white miso paste
- 1/ cup of diced cremini mushrooms
Sprinkle of green onion
Dash of soy sauce
- Begin by pressing your tofu. In doing so, you remove excess moisture and allow this ingredient to more easily soak up the mild, salty flavors of your soup. Once your tofu has been fully pressed– time may vary– dice tofu into small, bite-sized cubes.
- As you press your tofu, hydrate your wakame in a bowl of warm water. You may use this same water for your soup.
- Remove wakame from the water, squeeze out any excess moisture, then set it aside.
- Bring water to a boil over the stove, then add tofu, mushrooms, and soy sauce. Allow simmering for around four minutes.
- Add wakame to the water and continue to simmer for another two minutes.
- Turn off the heat, but allow the pot to remain over the warm eye of the stove. Add miso paste, then use a whisk to stir it into your soup. Be sure to remove all clumps.
- From here, simply garnish your soup with fresh green onion, and enjoy!
Dining with the Best at Beyond Sushi
Need inspiration in learning what to pair with your miso vegan soup? Look no further than the world-inspired menu at Beyond Sushi!
Originally made famous on ABC’s Shark Tank, Chef Guy Valkin has worked tirelessly to create a creative, completely vegan menu using every ounce of his years-long experience. Each item on this menu– from vegan takes on traditional foods to completely original creations– was designed with healthy, cruelty-free living in mind.
Prepare to be wowed by the genius behind vegan options such as:
- Our glazed impossible meatballs, served with a dark soy and sambal glaze with a side of sushi rice, garnished with scallions and sesame
- The eggplant unagi sushi, made from seasoned white rice and flavored with hijiki, white sesame, scallions, and a housemade soy glaze
- Our take on the classic Philadelphia roll, made entirely vegan using cruelty-free cream cheese, seaweed roe, and “zalmon”
Don’t feel up to a night on the town? No problem! Order your meal for pickup or delivery, and allow us to pack your meal to-go.