At your next dinner party, event, or just “treat-yourself” evening in, test out this vegan ginger cheesecake recipe to sample dessert as you’ve never experienced it before! You’ll find a new punch of flavor that you won’t soon forget.
At Beyond Sushi, our chefs specialize in the unique and unexpected. Every bite on our full menu is entirely vegan, designed to stimulate the senses without sacrificing our own compassionate values. With options like these, it’s no wonder that omnivores and vegans alike praise this restaurant as one of the most memorable in the city.
To gain inspiration for your own cooking, explore our full menu. You’ll be astonished at the variety that our professionally trained chefs bring to the table! To start sampling the flavors for yourself, step down to any of our conveniently located restaurants, or place an order for pickup/delivery to have us bring dinner your way.
Homemade Vegan Ginger Cheesecake
The combination of the sweet, fruit-forward crust with the mild spice of ginger creates a complex, delicious flavor that will leave an impression on your guests. Whether you’re practicing new options for an upcoming holiday party or just testing your own skills, you are guaranteed to enjoy the process of making (and eating!) this amazing dessert.
It may seem daunting at first glance, but the process is actually surprisingly simple. If you have a food processor and patience, you are already on your way to success!
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons of ar maple syrup
- 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons of agar flakes
- 4 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Begin by preparing the crust for your cheesecake. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the shelled walnuts and almonds in a food processor and blend until they are fully combined. It’s important to take your time with this process; don’t stop until the nuts have been ground to a fine powder!
- Add the agave nectar and pitted dates to the food processor. Continue to blend until all the ingredients have thoroughly combined. The finished product should be slightly damp and hold together easily.
- Move the dough to a glass pie pan, pressing it down until it fully covers the bottom. Take care to press the dough into the corners of the pan. Bake the crust for around ten minutes, remove it, and set the crust aside to cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked cashews, coconut cream, agave nectar, lemon juice, and grated ginger. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Bring the almond milk and agar flakes to a boil in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Once the mixture reaches a rolling boil, lower the heat, and allow it to simmer until it forms a thin jelly.
- Because the agar thickens as it cools, you’ll need to move quickly and carefully as you add the agar mixture to the food processor. Blend it into the ginger-cashew mixture until all the ingredients have thoroughly combined.
- Pour the final mixture into the pie pan, and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once your cheesecake has fully cooled, feel free to top it with your favorite vegan whipped cream, sprinkles, or any other decorative garnish that draws well-earned attention to your homemade dessert!
Vegan Cheesecake at Beyond Sushi
Need a little guidance before tackling this project? No problem! Come to any of Beyond Sushi’s conveniently located locations to sample vegan cheesecake at its very best.
Our Ube cashew cheesecake starts with a ginger cookie crust, forming a perfectly spicy-sweet foundation. The cheesecake itself is everything one could imagine: smooth, mellow, and creamy. Best of all, it manages all this completely free of dairy! As is the case with every item on our full menu, this dessert is completely vegan.
A generous dollop of hot fudge adds even more to the already complex flavor profile, bringing the rich notes of dark chocolate. Lastly, a light ginger cookie streusel and fresh mint elevate it once more, adding that signature burst of fresh flavor guaranteed with a Beyond Sushi meal.
To find out more about all the creativity behind every Beyond Sushi dish, explore our full menu! Place your order for pickup or delivery, and learn for yourself why so many have already declared this their favorite restaurant in NYC.