It can get old explaining for the hundredth time that, no, a vegan lifestyle doesn’t just mean eating plain bowls of lettuce. Even more annoying is the inability to just come out and say what we all know to be true: when done right, a salad can be an amazing meal! The next time you need to convince a newcomer how many options a diet can truly hold, awe them with any of these best creative vegan salads.
The brilliant minds behind the Beyond Sushi menu created it with one purpose in mind: to showcase how delicious it can be to dine in a way that is both good for our bodies and the planet. Now, they continue that mission with easy-to-follow, at-home recipes anyone can recreate!
Best Creative Vegan Salad Recipes
Once upon a time, being vegan all too often meant having to swallow your pride and endure bland, tasteless salads at one dinner party after another.
No more! At your next family get-together, dinner party, or potluck, come ready to impress with any of these delicious, creative vegan salad options.
Classic Vegan Green Goddess Salad
For a zesty, spicy salad that will leave the table asking for more, try this vegan take on the classic Green Goddess Salad!
- 1/2 cup of basil
1 1/2 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of parsley
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1/2 a head of cabbage
2 large cucumbers
1/2 a purple onion
Salt and pepper
- In a blender, combine the following ingredients: basil, spinach, parsley, olive oil, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
- Dice your cucumbers, cabbage, and onion until all pieces are bite-sized and easy to eat. The result may look slightly different from your typical salad!
- In a large bowl, combine your dressing and veggies. Toss until fully coated, then sprinkle with chia seeds, salt, and pepper. Alternatively, you may choose to blend the chia seeds in with the dressing for a smoother finish.
Plant-Based Asian Chickpea Salad
Looking for a nutritious alternative for the lazy Chinese takeout night? Give this crunchy, addictive salad a shot!
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons of toasted sesame oil
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 tablespoon of mustard
4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of sliced spinach
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 cup of sliced green onions
1/2 cup of diced cucumber
1 can of chickpeas (drained)
1/2 cup of mandarin oranges (drained)
1 1/2 cups of diced cilantro
- In a bowl, use a fork to combine soy sauce and sugar; stir until sugar is mostly dissolved. Next combine rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and mustard. Quickly whip all your ingredients together until they have been fully emulsified.
- In a bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Toss ingredients in your dressing, and enjoy this crunchy, protein-rich treat!
Korean Spinach Salad
This may be the simplest recipe on our list, but it’s far from plain. Break out the steaming basket for this creative vegan salad.
- 5 cups of baby spinach
3 teaspoons of sesame oil
1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds.
- Steam your spinach and set it aside to cool.
- Using a garlic grater, reduce your raw garlic to a pulp. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil to form a dressing.
- Gently toss your steamed spinach in the dressing, then place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Before serving, sprinkle this chilled Korean classic with toasted sesame seeds, then enjoy!
Dining with Beyond Sushi
Though most salads are notoriously low prep, these creative vegan salads all take a bit more leg work. On evenings you just don’t feel like the extra effort, allow Beyond Sushi to take the pressure off your shoulders!
Whether you’re looking for a night on the town or a cozy night in, Beyond Sushi has what you need. Try any of our own fresh salad options, including:
- The applewood smoked oyster mushroom salad, with romaine hearts, bac’n bits, grated vegan “parmesan,” avocado, brined red onions, charred sesame, and a creamy hijiki dressing
- Yuzu heart salad, including grilled hearts of palm, brined cucumber, fresh dill, alfalfa sprouts, crunchy pickled red onions, golden raisins, chili strands, and crushed peanuts all tossed in a yuzu dressing
For an easy way to entertain, just order using our online pickup and delivery system. Let Beyond Sushi bring the flavor to you!