It’s no secret that avocados are having a real moment. This food fad’s popularity is well-earned! Rich in vitamins, deliciously creamy, and filled with heart-healthy nutrients, avocados are a fantastic addition to any well-balanced diet. What’s more, their mild flavor helps them easily fit into nearly any meal, from breakfast to dinner. At your next dinner party, “wow” guests with these delicious and easy vegan avocado and almond cookies recipe!
Beyond Sushi takes pride in introducing diners all over New York City to the fresh, delicious possibilities of a healthy vegan lifestyle. Now, with the addition of these tasty homemade recipes, this restaurant is spreading its influence all over the world, showcasing the creative options available within a cruelty-free diet!
Homemade Avocado Almond Cookie Recipe
Baking without the use of dairy has widely been considered one of the most challenging parts of a vegan lifestyle, but these avocado almond cookies are a breeze. Whether you’re an experienced baker or looking for an easy stepping stone into the process, these cookies are a great place to start.
Light, fluffy, and flavored with the perfect combination of avocado and vegan chocolate, these cookies have it all! Once you get the hang of the routine, experiment with different fillings to create your own unique blend of flavors. Exchange the almonds for pistachios, the chocolate for sprinkles, or whatever else helps this recipe feel like it is truly your own.
- 2 cups of all-purpose, gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup of mashed avocado
- 6 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate, slightly larger bowl, combine the avocado, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients, beginning by adding one spoonful of dry ingredients to the larger bowl at a time to avoid creating clumps.
- Slice the almonds into small chunks. Because these cookies will be so full of flavor, it’s best to break the almonds down into smaller pieces rather than bigger ones. Optionally, you may use a food processor for this step.
- Once the ingredients have been fully combined, fold in the chocolate chips and avocados.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper to prevent the dough from sticking. Then, wet your hands, form the cookie dough into balls roughly one inch in diameter, and space them out evenly across the cookie sheet. Optionally, you can press them down slightly with the palm of your hand, but don’t flatten them too much. These cookies are naturally light and fluffy, so they need this extra height to hold together.
- Bake these cookies for around twelve minutes. You’ll know they are ready whenever the edges are firm and slightly browned.
Allow these cookies to cool before digging in, but don’t wait too long! These cookies are best enjoyed warm, fresh, and right out of the oven.
Mouthwatering Desserts from Beyond Sushi
Beyond Sushi takes pride in its ability to elevate every meal into something altogether new, combining the world-class experience of Chef Guy Vaknin with a profound dedication to the vegan cause. Above all, Beyond Sushi strives to present healthy, compassionate meal options that are as good for diners as they are for the planet.
Even the dessert options– the sweet finish to every meal– come with an unexpected burst of nutrition!
The crowd-pleasing black sesame avocado cookie is served hot, in a cast-iron skillet. Though naturally sweetened, the unique blend of avocado and sesame combine to form a dessert that is as good for the heart as it is for the soul.
What’s life without some extra sweetness, though? This creative dessert comes paired with a generous scoop of matcha ice cream, again pulling from unexpected flavors to create a meal you won’t soon forget. The final touch– a drizzle of black sesame sauce– ties together every bite with a sophisticated finish.